- Created: Thursday, 30 May 2019 10:55
- Written by Laura Proescholdt
MHP is pleased to announce the recipients of our 2019 Outstanding Advocate awards! These awards recognize community members and selected organizations for demonstrated dedication to affordable housing. During the 2019 session, these advocates engaged their elected officials, motivated others to advocate, and raised the public profile of affordable housing issues. They shared personal and professional experience to further MHP’s policy agenda and secure more resources for affordable housing.
From left: MHP Policy Director Elizabeth Glidden with Outstanding Advocates Sarah Larson, Buffy Beranek, Jonathan Weinhagen (accepting the award on behalf of the Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce), and MHP Executive Director Anne Mavity and Deputy Policy Director Libby Murphy. Not pictured: Sheila Kiscaden, Marie Rivers, and Linda Soderstrom
MHP’s work would be impossible without the partnership of these outstanding individuals. We’re incredibly grateful for all the ways in which they used their voices, ingenuity, talent, and resources to draw attention to housing as a critical public issue. These awards are a small gesture in appreciation of big contributions!
2019 Outstanding Advocates
- Buffy Beranek, Executive Director, Southeast Minnesota Multi-County Housing and Redevelopment Authority
- Sheila Kiscaden, Olmsted County Commissioner
- Sarah Larson, Housing Development Specialist, Landon Group
- Marie Rivers, President, Sven Clogs
- Linda Soderstrom, Community Organizer
- Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce