Minnesota Housing Partnership is seeking an experienced Director of Finance and Human Resources who is looking for an opportunity to lead and develop an organization’s finance, business planning and budgeting, and human resources and office operations. This is a varied, exciting role that requires a strategic thinker and an exceptional leader. This position is an active and participative member of the leadership team and reports to the Executive Director. A comprehensive position profile and application instructions are here.
- Participate as a key organizational leader on the senior management Leadership Team, identifying and addressing enterprise-wide policies, strategies and programs that support MHP and advance race equity.
- Work with the Executive Director and Leadership Team to establish appropriate annual, midterm, and long-term financial objectives and plans that meet the needs of MHP.
- Develop various financial forecasts, modeling, and long-term planning activities. Update these annually.
- Support the Directors in the annual planning and take lead in preparing org-wide budget.
- Hire and supervise one finance associate and one grants and contracts officer .
- Serve as staff liaison to the Audit/Finance Committee and the Investment Advisory Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Lead or contribute to enterprise-wide initiatives and teams.
Finance and operations
- Maintain and oversee the day-to-day financial and accounting operations of the organization, ensuring appropriate systems are in place to maintain effective internal controls for the organization.
- Maintain an internal reporting system and account structure that ensures proper disclosure and accountability for all financial activities.
- Oversee cash flow management through projections of cash receipts and cash disbursements, maintaining adequate cash balances to meet financial obligations.
- Assure appropriate resources for program spending needs, and monitoring expenditures to ensure compliance with MHP’s fiscal policies and Board-approved budget.
- Ensure payroll reports and tax filings are prepared and filed on a timely basis.
- Oversee appropriate financial due diligence on federal contracts.
- Provide accurate and timely information to committee members and actively participate in meetings.
- Oversee the preparation for the annual audit and tax return.
- Prepare the financial section of the annual report.
- Possess demonstrated human resources experience, including knowledge of employment law (EEO, FLSA, DOL, DHR) and best practices
- Negotiate and administer benefits packages for all employees
- Support hiring processes (including working with external consultants) and prepare and update job descriptions, categories and salary bands.
- Manage 401K annual reporting.
- High degree of energy, integrity, confidentiality, and creativity as well as the intellectual, organizational, and personal qualities necessary to earn respect and cooperation from all stakeholders.
- Must have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion with a focus on diversity and inclusion related to persons of all racial, cultural, religious, gender, and sexual orientation backgrounds.
- A deep commitment and passion to MHP’s mission and work.
- Strategic thinker, who can propose long term strategies for improving organizational health.
- Team player, with superb communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; strong organizational skills and significant attention to detail.
- Creative, with the ability to think “outside the box.”
- Approachable and a good listener. Someone who sees and appreciates the good in people.
- An authentic leader who serves as a role model for moral and fair behavior, with a transparent approach which earns esteem and confidence from employees.
- A leader who coaches effectively and is seen as a mentor who supports employee growth. Employees are nurtured toward achieving their highest levels of performance.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or other appropriate discipline.
- CPA or master’s preferred.
- Five or more years of relevant financial, administrative, and HR experience.
- Demonstrated accounting experience, including experience with computer-based accounting software such as QuickBooks
- Demonstrated Human Resources experience
- Good understanding of nonprofit business operations and federal grant, cost allocation, contracts and grant management administration
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal grant management
- Codes & Regulations (2 CFR, Uniform Guidance)
- Federal Systems (DRGR, eLOCCS, TA Portal, etc)
- Negotiating Federal indirect cost rate
MHP’s Benefits Package
MHP offers all employees a generous benefits package including:
- Eight paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day following Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day)
- Sick time
- Health Benefit (MHP pays 90% of the cost of the basic plan for employee)
- Dental Benefit (MHP pays 90% of the cost of the basic plan for employee)
- Flexible Spending Arrangement FSA
- Life Insurance (includes accidental death & dismemberment insurance)
- Long-term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- 401K Plan (MHP matches up to 4% of employee’s contribution)
- Employee Assistance Program
Minnesota Housing Partnership is committed to social, racial, gender, and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, LGBT individuals, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply.
Candidates with questions please contact Cheryl Jensen at cjensen @strategic-cc.com or 612-203-4662. Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing how your experience and strategic vision will contribute to MHP’s work and organization to HR @mhponline.org.