Part of MHP's legislative agenda is supporting the Homes for All coalition. The Homes for All coalition advances policy initiatives that lead to housing stability for all Minnesotans and includes over 180 organizations.
In 2016, Homes for All supports $130 million in bonds for housing. This investment will build or preserve affordable housing for families, individuals, and seniors who are low-income and experiencing homelessness throughout Minnesota.
The 2016 request includes $110 million in Housing Infrastructure bonds and $20 million in General Obligation bonds to:
- DEVELOP affordable homeownership opportunities through land trusts.
- PRESERVE rental housing for low-income individuals, families with children, and seniors living in federally subsidized units.
- BUILD and PRESERVE supportive housing for Minnesotans experiencing homelessness.
- NEW ELIGIBLE USE: Housing for Minnesotans age 55 and older living at or below 50% of area median income.
- REHABILITATE public housing to preserve federally subsidized units for low-income Minnesotans throughout the state.
Visit the coalition's website for more information on how you can get involved.