- Created: Friday, 15 February 2019 09:54
- Written by Laura Proescholdt
Just days before the February 15 deadline, Congress has reached a final deal to fund the federal government for the remainder of FY19. Reports indicate President Trump will sign the bill.
- $1.5 billion in new resources in FY19 for key HUD programs including tenant-based rental assistance, project-based rental assistance, and homeless assistance grants.
- Sufficient funding to renew contracts with properties that provide affordable housing to seniors (Section 202) and people with disabilities (Section 811).
- $100 million in competitive grants to Native American communities to spur affordable housing construction and preservation.
Thank you for contacting your members of Congress and asking for a spending bill that fully funds critical housing programs. Your advocacy is important!