Minnesota Housing Partnership is seeking part-time (15-20 hours per week) housing canvassers, starting immediately until November 9, 2018. Under limited supervision, housing canvasser will conduct door to door and over the phone canvassing efforts in assigned house districts throughout the Twin Cities Region to identify and activate Minnesotans who prioritize housing investment.
- Travel to assigned geographic territory.
- Engage community members through door-to-door canvassing and/or one-to-one phone calls about housing policy.
- Obtain signatures from Minnesotans signifying their support of MHP’s housing campaign.
- Achieve, on average, 250 signatures per assigned district.
- Compile stories from Minnesotans on how housing has impacted their life.
- Help identify Minnesotans who are willing to contact legislators and communicate their demand for investment in housing.
- May be responsible for driving a team of canvassers.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Adhere to assigned talking points and deliver in an authentic and personable manner.
- Partner with other canvassers to accomplish objectives.
- Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes
- Verbally communicate in a professional and effective manner
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
COMPENSATION: $15-$18 per hour DOQ, or as negotiated, plus agreed upon expenses. Position starts immediately and terminates November 9, 2018.
REPORTING: This is a temporary position with oversight by the MHP Director of Strategic Initiatives and Policy and direct reporting to the Campaign Strategist for the Keys 2 Prosperity Housing Campaign.