Minnesota Housing Partnership is seeking an experienced Director of Finance and Human Resources who is looking for an opportunity to lead and develop an organization’s finance, business planning and budgeting, and human resources and administration. This is a varied, exciting role that requires a strategic thinker and an exceptional leader. This position is an active and participative member of the leadership team and reports to the Executive Director.
- Maintain and oversee the day-to-day financial and accounting operations of the organization, ensuring that appropriate systems are in place to maintain effective internal controls for the organization.
- Maintain an internal reporting system and account structure that ensures proper disclosure and accountability for all financial activities.
- Oversee cash flow management through the use of projections of cash receipts and cash disbursements, maintaining adequate cash balances to meet financial obligations.
- Assure appropriate resources for program spending needs, and monitoring, expenditures to ensure compliance with MHP’s fiscal policies and Board-approved budget.
- Oversee appropriate financial due diligence on federal and state contracts.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Audit/Finance Committee and the Investment Advisory Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Provide accurate and timely information to committee members and participate actively in meetings.
- Oversee the preparation for the annual audit and tax return.
- Prepare the financial section of the annual report.
- Hire and supervise Office and Finance Associate and Grants and Contracts Officer.
- Ensure payroll reports and tax filings are prepared and filed on a timely basis.
- Work with the Executive Director to establish appropriate annual, midterm, and long- term financial objectives and plans that meet the needs of MHP.
- Develop various financial forecasts, modeling and long-term planning activities. Update these annually.
- Support the Directors in the annual planning and completing their budgets.
- Demonstrated human resources experience, including knowledge of employment law (EEO, FLSA, DOL, DHR)
- High degree of energy, integrity, and creativity as well as the intellectual, organizational, and personal qualities necessary to earn respect and cooperation from all stakeholders.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion related to persons of all racial, cultural, religious, gender, and sexual orientation backgrounds.
- A deep commitment and passion to MHP’s mission and work.
- Superb communications skills, both oral and written.
- Creative, with the ability to think “out of the box”.
- Approachable and a good listener.
- An authentic leader who serves as a role model for moral and fair behavior, with a transparent approach earning esteem and confidence from employees.
- A leader who coaches effectively and is seen as a mentor who supports employee growth. Employees are nurtured toward achieving their highest levels of performance.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in business, finance, or other appropriate discipline.
- CPA or master’s preferred.
- Eight or more years of relevant financial, administrative, and HR experience.
Minnesota Housing Partnership (MHP) began in 1987, as an informal coalition organizing community groups and nonprofit developers to play an active role in affordable housing. The initial work of MHP focused on informing housing groups of policy and program developments occurring at the state and federal levels. MHP also was a catalyst for increased state funding focused on addressing the housing needs of low-income people. In addition, MHP helped create the state’s first programs to build the capacity of nonprofit housing providers.
In 1994 MHP became a major provider of technical assistance and financial support to increase the capacity of housing development groups. Today MHP administers a predevelopment loan program and provides training and operating grants to nonprofit developers. MHP’s demonstrated capacity to deliver housing programs has led to its serving as a funding intermediary for several government agency programs.
Minnesota Housing Partnership’s Mission is to convene, guide, and support a diversity of partners working to improve conditions of home and community. Building on decades of experience, we strengthen development capacity and promote policies that expand opportunity, especially for people at the lowest income levels.
Over the years, MHP has developed an effective lobbying arm and advocacy network. MHP has earned the respect of affordable housing supporters throughout the state as well as government and legislative leaders. MHP continues to support housing for all Minnesotans through capacity building, advocacy, and loans and grants. The organization has a budget of $3M and a staff of 19.
Minnesota Housing Partnership is committed to social, racial, gender and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, LGBT individuals, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Cheryl Jensen, M.S., PCC, RLC