Minnesota Housing Partnership (MHP) is searching for a Grants and Contracts Officer to join our finance department. The primary responsibility for this role is maintaining grant records that comply with federal rules and generally accepted accounting practices. This position requires excellent attention to detail to monitor and track grant budgets and prepare monthly and quarterly billing reports as required by federal, state, and philanthropic funders. This position is also responsible for procurement, the development and maintenance of contract administration policies and procedures across the organization, and oversight of all contract and subcontract documents.
We’re looking for someone who is adept at learning and following grant management rules and who understands current federal guidelines such as OMB circulars. The ideal candidate must have advanced-level skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Oversee grant-related reimbursements and payables. Enter info into accounting system.
- Assist in year-end closing, single audit preparation and indirect cost rate proposals.
- Manage all contract and sub-award compliance requirements, identifying and evaluating risks to minimize exposure. Ensure compliance from inception to closeout.
- Disseminate award summaries and provide regular follow-up to monitor compliance, including coordinating kick-off meetings on new grant awards.
- Work directly with staff on the procurement of all commodities and services.
- Conduct internal compliance audits related to contractual matters. Maintain internal controls for tracking contracts with contractor/sub-recipient follow up as necessary.
- Maintain timesheet software. Maintain and update employee information; set up new grants, work plans, and tasks; update budgets and staff assignments as requested by management; act as backup timesheet and expense sheet approver.
- Help generate budgets, budget amendments, and budget narratives for reimbursable grants, monitor and track expenditures, and update staff with pertinent budget concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, with three years’ experience. Associate's Degree combined with five years’ experience may substitute for Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledgeable in federal or state grant management systems.
- Demonstrated experience with procurement and contract management.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, with a working knowledge of timesheet and data management software.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical thinking/problem solving.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple deadlines.
- Ability to self-audit, checking for accuracy, identifying errors and reconciling discrepancies.
- Professional interpersonal skills with colleagues, partners, clients and vendors.
- Involves sitting/standing for extended periods of time, in order to work at a computer screen
- Lifting up to 40 pounds for occasional filing and event and meeting management
- Finger and hand dexterity
- Vision, including close vision, ability to adjust or focus
- Hearing, speaking
- Office environment, noise level – quiet
- Good air quality and lighting
The salary range for this position is $55-65K/annually. MHP also offers a robust benefits package.
Please email resume and cover letter, with “Grants and Contracts Officer” in the subject line, to:
Minnesota Housing Partnership is committed to social, racial, gender and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, LGBT individuals, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
This position will remain open until filled.