Minnesota Housing Partnership (MHP) seeks a personable, extroverted Office and Finance Associate to help with daily administrative operations.This is an exciting opportunity for a multi-tasking professional with interest and experience in the following areas: bookkeeping, IT, office management, human resources support, and executive and Board of Directors support.
The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, excellent client-facing communication skills and a reputation for going above and beyond. We’re looking for someone who thrives with little or no supervision and who can manage multiple tasks without becoming overwhelmed.
- Bookkeeping Responsibilities: Responsible for full charge bookkeeping, including the following tasks: post bills to QuickBooks, draft payment vouchers, print checks, make deposits, maintain financial files and other general bookkeeping tasks
- IT Responsibilities: Manage IT helpdesk, field general IT requests, coordinate with IT consultant for special IT projects, manage office 365, assist with IT device management and MHP’s web-based platforms
- Office Management Responsibilities: Carry out general office management duties, including monitoring and ordering office supplies, assisting clients, maintaining timesheet software and coordinating equipment maintenance
- HR Support Responsibilities: Assist with new staff orientation, staff exit needs and event coordination/planning
- Executive and Board of Directors Support Responsibilities: Support executive team and Board of Directors with communications, events and special projects
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on MS Office Systems (Office 365) and SharePoint
- Proven bookkeeping skills (QuickBooks preferred) and/or good math aptitude
- Experience in office management and IT systems
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects from multiple people, and ability to communicate competing priorities to supervisor effectively
- Flexibility in adapting to short deadlines and a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated, professional presence and commitment to MHP mission and values
- Knowledge of affordable housing and/or advocacy issues preferred
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum Education: High School diploma or GED with 3 years or more relevant on-the-job experience
- Involves sitting/standing for extended periods of time, in order to work at a computer screen
- Lifting up to 40 pounds for occasional filing, event and meeting management
- Finger and hand dexterity
- Vision, including close vision, ability to adjust or focus
- Hearing, speaking
- Office environment, noise level – quiet
- Good air quality and lighting
- Occasional travel
This position offers an excellent pay and benefits package.
Minnesota Housing Partnership is committed to social, racial, gender and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, LGBT individuals, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
This position will remain open until filled, with applications being reviewed as received.